• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home button keeps taking screenshot?

prawn_guevara

Oct 13, 2011
This has been an off and on problem for a while now, but in the last few days its become constant. Pressing the home button now takes a screenshot, with the camera sound effect and all, 80% of the time. Leading to lots of strange looks when people around me hear the camera shutter sound.

I'm not convinced its a hardware problem.

I dont think it is the power button, because when I reset the phone by pulling the battery out, it usually does the job of fixing it for a while. And surely if the power button was stuck in my phone would keep wanting to turn off.

What phone do you have? This is probably specific to the handset or ROM, so the device forum is likely to be the better place to ask.

You mention the power button, but say that the problem is with the home button - does that mean that home+power is normally a shortcut to screenshot on your phone? I think a better test for a broken power button is whether it starts automatically when you insert the battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones