• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
Hello All,

New S3 user here. This isn't a huge deal but it's a little annoying. When I press the home button about a 3-4 second lag before the phone cycles back to the home screen. Has anyone else encountered this?

Th
Thanks!

Open up s-voice then hit menu and there is a setting in there for long pressing home button. Disable it. See if that helps

Upvote 0
Yes! I disabled it and the home button is MUCH more responsive! Almost no lag at all. THANK YOU!

Now go into phone settings and scroll to the bottom and and open developer options. Scroll about half way to window animation speed and transition animation speed. Change it to .5 or 0 for both. Now you have speed.

Upvote 0
shame its necessary to make these changes to speed the s3 up to the level it should be. I only knew because I read forums, those that don't will be stuck with it. Maybe it won't bother them or maybe they'll moan about how slow it is compared to the iphone! I suppose at least samsung allowed the options to speed it up but I think it should've been this way right out the box

Upvote 0
Now go into phone settings and scroll to the bottom and and open developer options. Scroll about half way to window animation speed and transition animation speed. Change it to .5 or 0 for both. Now you have speed.

Does anyone know if this tweak has had its own thread posted? It's such an easy thing to do with such impressive results, I almost feel like it should be put front & center...

Upvote 0
i actually find the effect a bit 'snappy' to look at when all the settings are off, and ive actually gone that other way :) running them all at 1.5 - looks quite cool imo - plus the delays for me are when contacts/sms apps load themselves and not the actual screen transitions etc - svoice off i a biggy though

cheers

Reactions: jbdan
Upvote 0
i actually find the effect a bit 'snappy' to look at when all the settings are off, and ive actually gone that other way :) running them all at 1.5 - looks quite cool imo - plus the delays for me are when contacts/sms apps load themselves and not the actual screen transitions etc - svoice off i a biggy though

cheers

I agree I like 1.5 on jelly bean and 1 on ICS. Much smoother and not as "jerky"

Reactions: dan55
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones