1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Home button launches Blur instead of Go Launcher while in HD Dock

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by calbearz24, Apr 8, 2011.

1. calbearz24

calbearz24 Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    I used to have my Atrix load Nightstand Bold automatically when it was in the HD dock but it made my home button also load that app. I wanted to change back to the home button showing my Go Launcher home screen so I cleared Nightstand Bold as the default. Then I set the other app I could choose after docking (can't remember exactly what right now) to default instead, thinking it would use Go Launcher but now home goes to Blur's home screen instead. I looked for an app that had a default set to make Blur open but came up empty. Which app's default should I clear to stop the home button from using Blur?

This only happens while docked so I posted here instead of in the Android apps forum. As soon as I undock, home uses Go Launcher like I want.

Advertisement

2. skoalcandy

skoalcandy Newbie
    None

Mar 15, 2011
    If you are rooted you could use bloatfreezer or titanium back up to freeze the process called Home. This will completely block Blur from ever opening

3. calbearz24

calbearz24 Newbie
    None

Mar 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    I'm not rooted but that's good to know for when/if I do root. Thanks skoalcandy.

I ended up finding the app last night. Not sure how I missed it before: "Motorola Dock Service" under all apps.