• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home Button Not Fully Working After Restore | Galaxy Ace

wildabdat

Lurker
Apr 17, 2011
Hi Guys..here's my situations, i need to upgrade my Micro SD from 4 to 8, since i've too many installed applications, and i dont wanna redownload it again,and also because last time i upgraded the SD Card which i just copied the files Card-To-Card from laptop, application becoming not installed, so i decided too backup it with tools called MyBackup. after test some similliar tools in the market, MyBackup seems fit for me.... let me describe the process in below sequence

• Backup All Apk+Data into current SD Card With MyBackup
  • Copy Backup File from existing SD Card to the New SD Card
  • attach SD Card to phone =>ReDownload MyBackup =>then Restore from Backup file
  • not all application can be restored - i can accept it
  • Rebooting..
after phone starting up, i'm facing some like corrupted application (suspicious application is Go Launcher Ex), i cant go to application menu, then i decide to try my old SD Card(i'm not delete any data yet), but what i got is, i dont know why but all the process above is effected my home button, so its doesnt fully work, long press is not working, but i still can take screenshot which is combination of "back" softkey + Home Button.. this is weird.. i'm sure its not hardware problem. without Home Button my Galaxy Ace is seems ackward in operation

anyone of you guys could help me with that problem?? please..

thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones