1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Support Home button not working, reponds just like Back button!

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by motoxchic, Jul 28, 2013.

1. motoxchic

motoxchic Lurker

My husbands S4 home button has suddenly started not working correctly. It responds EXACTLY like the back button. For the life of me, I cannot find any settings that might change what the home button does, nor have I been able to find online help. I have rebooted. This phone is pretty basic, not rooted, etc.

One Press: goes back 1 screen
    Double Press: nothing
    Long Press: brings up side bar menu

Advertisement

2. star444

star444 Newbie

I know you said you rebooted, but have you tried pulling out the battery for several seconds?

3. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Hello motoxchic.

As Star says, a battery pull can help, but I'd also remove the SIM card and sd card, with the device powered off of course, then wait a minute or so and replace it all and power up.

But I'm also wondering if hubby has installed a 3rd party launcher and has not configured (or has misconfigured ;)) the mapping of the home button (GoEX, Next Launcher, etc.. there are many in Play Store).

4. motoxchic

motoxchic Lurker

Thank you for the replies, this is driving him nuts, understandably. I will try the battery pull and cards for sure. He does not download anything, lol, so I dont think its software, but certainly not totally out of the question.

Hoping this works, will post results...