1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Home button not working

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by theguru1974, May 19, 2011.

1. theguru1974

theguru1974 Newbie

New Droid X2 users: is anyone having an issue with the Home button not working as you'd expect it? I am working in an app and want to return to the home screen, so I press the Home key and nothing happens. Is this a defective unit or did they change the behavior somehow?

Eric

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Steven58

No one else has this. It's probably going to be hard to get an answer for the first few days. I'd call vzw with the issue. It doesn't sound right to me. 800 922 0204

matt999000 likes this.
  3. John58543

John58543 Android Enthusiast

Hmmm, that doesn't sound right. I would call Verizon too.

4. DEng66

DEng66 Member

Mine works as expected. If I am in an application like Gmail I can press the home button and it takes me right back to the home screen. I'm sure you already have, but try it from several apps just to make sure it's not some weird coding running crazy! Good luck!

5. theguru1974

theguru1974 Newbie

Total false alarm - sorry folks. Rebooting the phone fixed the issues.

Eric

6. jroc

jroc Android Expert

Yea, sometimes it takes a reboot or a factory reset to fix lil quirks like this.

7. John58543

John58543 Android Enthusiast

Glad to hear you resolved the issue without too much trouble.

8. bhr1

bhr1 Lurker

Same problem with my phone, restart fixed it, thanks.

9. Droid Spider

Droid Spider Lurker

You're not the only one. My home key and search key have taken a hike. History: the past week or so my app download queue has been overflowing. Over 200 updates waiting to occur. I deleted files on my phone as per some suggestions online (none good), and randomly deleted some of the apps I had, but to no apparent success. Then yesterday the phone became pretty hot (battery must have been overdosing with all the "downloads" which weren't really happening). But sometime yesterday, the downloads started to work, and before I knew it, the queued downloads were all gone. HOWEVER, I wonder if I might have deleted something important to this phone, as I tried everything to fix the download problem. I reset some Settings, none of which I remember. I could go on, but the gist of what I'm saying is that at this point in time, my home and search buttons don't work. And I can't find where to reset them (but I'm at work and can't spend too much time playing with this)... reboot didn't fix mine. Also now, my security screen that came on automagically has now stopped working... This phone has been a pain since I got it (my original Droid X was stolen).

10. kkanga

kkanga Lurker

My Wits A81E tablet is over 12 months old and the home button just decided to stop working. I have re-flashed the Froyo firmware more than a dozen times and it may fix the problem, but I am very happy with the current configuration and don't wan't to change it.

I installed a must have app called "Button Savior", (free) available from the Market, it is easy to use, but requires root for full function. Reviewers claim that it works on HTC HD2, Droid X and Motorola Atrix phones and may work on others.

The only complaint I have is, the ghost transparency menu buttons, appear down the screen sides and it is possible to accidently click home, instead of starting the app icon. If you Google "Button Savior" for Appbrain or Market, you can view pics of the display screen. After 2 weeks use, I can recommend Button Savior, especially if your home button stops working.

Motorola Droid X2 Forum

The Motorola Droid X2 release date was May 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, GB RAM, Nvidia Tegra 2 AP20H processor, and 1540mAh battery.

May 2011
Release Date
Reviews