• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home button not working?

So last night, I was in an app and hit the Home button, and the screen kind of 'flashed' but didn't exit the app. Tried it again, same thing. Only way I could get out of the app was to keep hitting the Back button. Powered off my phone, turned it back on, and it seemed to be working ..... then this morning the same thing happened again. Any idea what's going on? I've had the phone for a few months and never had any trouble. Haven't had any recent updates or anything. I am using GoLauncher EX, but I've been using that since day 1 so I don't think that's the source of the problem.

Please help!

There is a setting in Go Launcher EX for the home button behavior. From Go, menu->preferences->gesture settings. Check "Home key action" - it should say that it is set to "Function->Show home screen".

It's also possible that Go is being stopped in the background (due to RAM use - unlikely, but possible) and is not activated properly when you press home while you are in an app. Within preferences for Go, while you are there, check that Advanced settings->Prevent force close is checked.

Upvote 0
There is a setting in Go Launcher EX for the home button behavior. From Go, menu->preferences->gesture settings. Check "Home key action" - it should say that it is set to "Function->Show home screen".

It's also possible that Go is being stopped in the background (due to RAM use - unlikely, but possible) and is not activated properly when you press home while you are in an app. Within preferences for Go, while you are there, check that Advanced settings->Prevent force close is checked.

Thanks for the tips. Everything is already set correctly, but I did double check. Seems okay for now, but I'll update again if it starts acting up.

Upvote 0
Problem can be your golauncher. Try the button in default home. If problem persists, u may have damaged ur button.

sent from my rooted gingerbread GT-B7510 using tapatalk

This problem persisted since my last update.... Until I realized what it probably was being caused by.

So it's strange.... But I was thinking about anything I may have changed around the time this issue started. Remembered that I was messing around in the settings and enabled the in pocket detection mode. Disabled it today.... Have had no problems since. Weird.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!

Reactions: doogald
Upvote 0
This problem persisted since my last update.... Until I realized what it probably was being caused by.

So it's strange.... But I was thinking about anything I may have changed around the time this issue started. Remembered that I was messing around in the settings and enabled the in pocket detection mode. Disabled it today.... Have had no problems since. Weird.

Thanks for all the help everyone!!

Do you use a screen protector over your screen?

... Thom

Upvote 0
I do. But everything has been fine since I disable the 'in pocket mode'.

If I remember the page correctly it is page 4 of the User's Guide that says to beware of screen protectors covering the sensor EVEN CLEAR ONES.

Having just sketchy information on your case I would guess that if you remove the screen protector you could enable the in-pocket sensor. It is what is at the top of the screen.

If the in-pocket sensor is enabled and you hold the Bionic up top your ear the screen will go dark. Remove it from your ear and the screen comes back.

... Thom
]

Upvote 0
Its not the launcher or the pocket-detection... at least not for me. I was using Launcher Pro, but I uninstalled it, thinking that it was the culprit. Also, I do not use pocket detection mode... but the problem persists. I guess I'll try calling VZW - I imagine they must have had a lot of calls by now.

What sucks is that all they will tell me is to do a hard factory reset, which to me is more of a pain in the ass than the current problem is. :-/

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones