• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home Button not working

limbo

Lurker
Aug 4, 2015
Hi, I have a problem with a LG G3 LS990: The home button doesn't work but the back button is working.
It still does make the click sound and icon highlights, but after that, nothing happens. And the long press does nothing on both.

I did a hard reset trying to solve it, but nothing.
What should I do?

Thanks in advance

(Android 4.4.2)

Try resetting app defaults? Or try a new launcher? Do you have any app or root hack that changed home buttons in any way?

This is second hand cell, so I don't know if the original owner did something with it. It came with this problem.

I tried the factory reset. And nothing.

I installed some apps, maybe 5 or 6 apps, that "replace" the menu button, but do nothing, even with another button added on screen (third parties) and launchers, the same effect, they respond vibrating but without doing something.

An app that do the job is "button savior", but adds another menu to the screen, so I'm trying to get it work with the original button.

I think that the apps that do nothing use the same file that the home button, and the "button savior app" uses another source code file

By the way, now is rooted, but I didn't hack in any way, I just rooted if some solution need it

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Hi, I have a problem with a LG G3 LS990: The home button doesn't work but the back button is working.
It still does make the click sound and icon highlights, but after that, nothing happens. And the long press does nothing on both.

I did a hard reset trying to solve it, but nothing.
What should I do?

Thanks in advance

(Android 4.4.2)

Ever findout how to fix this issue? Im having same issues

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones