1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Home button question

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jengler77, Dec 21, 2012.

1. jengler77

jengler77 Member

Hello and Happy Holidays,

My question is, Are any of you having any issues with the home button, at the bottom of phone? Every once and awhile it doesn't go back to my home screen. The screen flashes and gives me vibration feedback but stays in whatever I am in. To leave it I have to keep pressing "back" until I am back on desktop. A few reboots with QuickBoot and it works again.

I am not sure if it matters but, I flashed from Stock to Harmonia then to Tagged. Never had this happen until Tagged. Although, my wife says it happened to her OE on stock rom a few times.

If this is a common or known problem, is there a fix?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Artine

Artine Android Expert

It's just a bug that comes from Stock. When flashing a new ROM, always make sure to wipe both the cache and the dalvik cache (twice). I haven't had the issue since I moved to Harmonia (the first custom ROM I flashed), haven't had it since. I think it was due to lag though.

jengler77 likes this.
  3. jengler77

jengler77 Member

I just read the part about wiping it twice, I am currently downloading Sleipnir. I never knew that. Better safe than sorry I guess. :D

4. jengler77

jengler77 Member

I have had this issue up until this morning. I think I figured out what was causing this... in my case anyway.

I had put "PIN Unlock" on my phone because I would leave it sit on my desk at work.

When I flashed to Sleipnir I did not turn off the PIN Lock. The ROMs lockscreen was overriding the system lockscreen which would for some reason, would lock the search and home keys.

Went nuts for weeks trying to fix this.

5. Artine

Artine Android Expert

That's weird. Also the ROM's lockscreen is the same as stock, that wasn't changed. I never had PIN lock, but pattern, so I never had that problem. Glad you were able to figure it out, though!

6. jengler77

jengler77 Member

It enables Holo Locker by default... which I like. When I would reboot, I would see stock lockscreen, PIN, then Holo. If I was fast enough and put the pin number in, it worked fine.

7. Artine

Artine Android Expert

Oh, I actually encountered that problem with Holo Locker when I first moved to Tagged a while back before working on

8. jengler77

jengler77 Member

9. Artine

Artine Android Expert

Holo Locker hasn't been in Sleipnir since early on. This is even mentioned in the features list. If Holo Locker is in /data, you won't lose Holo Locker because /data isn't formatted. It is not included in Sleipnir by default.

jengler77 likes this.

LG Optimus Elite Forum

The LG Optimus Elite release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 3.5" inch screen, 5MP camera, 512GB RAM, Snapdragon S2 processor, and 1520mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews