1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Home Button

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by RaLeX, Apr 19, 2012.

1. RaLeX

RaLeX Well-Known Member

I recently switched over from i717 to N7000, I've noticed that if i click the home button to wake up the lockscreen, then press it again, it unlocks. Is there any way to change this? Also, I've disabled the double click opening voice option. Is there a way to customize what opens when double clicking?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. placebo787

placebo787 Lurker

Are you using Widget Locker or any 3rd party launcher? I noticed the same behavior while I was using this on my Note...

3. xxbazhxx

xxbazhxx Member

hmmm interesting this one is........i tried it on twlauncher (stock) and yes click home to wake phone and then again to unlock....also does the same whilst using golauncher ex ??????? kinda defeats the object of having a locker in the first place.
    will be interesting to see if anybody comes up with a solution especially as i have a locker purely to stop prying eyes playing with my phone ie:- the kids lol.

4. RaLeX

RaLeX Well-Known Member

yeah, for me, my phone is always in my hands or pocket, and nobody I know would know how to unlock it without a slider anyways. but it is a little weird that there's no way to change that...

5. GiggityGiggity

GiggityGiggity Android Enthusiast

I don't use a lockscreen. Instead I use Perfect Applock Pro. When I'm at home I just leave it unlocked. When I go out I enable the lock and it locks every app I've told it to. Then if my phone is taken yes it would appear to be unlocked until they tried an app that's locked. Then they need the passcode. It's also ideal for when my niece and nephew come over. I can lock it so they still have access to certain apps but can't access others.

6. RaLeX

RaLeX Well-Known Member

Just recently discovered that in addition to a home button unlock- if you eliminate a slider on WL (or even set the slider to do anything other than unlock, i.e. camera, sms, phone, etc...), the BACK button unlocks as well!! Yikes!

7. odessadream

odessadream Newbie

Use "screen off" and you will not have this problem. When pressing the home button in sleep mode you get the pattern unlock screen and pressinging the home button again you stay in rthe pattern unlock screen :)

RaLeX likes this.

Samsung Galaxy Note Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note release date was January 2012. Features and Specs include a 5.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Snapdragon S3 processor, and 2500mAh battery.

January 2012
Release Date
Reviews