• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home Charger And Screen Lighting Up ?

dannyg40

Dec 4, 2009
Wondering about something I noticed.
Are all chargers the same ?
All of these are the micro-usb charger type.

The house charger that came with my phone in the box works perfect. I plug it in and the phone shows charging and then the screen goes out after the 30 seconds I have it set for while its charging.

I bought a Rocketfish charger from BB to have an extra one I can leave downstairs. When I charge the phone with it, after about 5 minutes the screen lights up on my phone and stays lit until I unplug the charger. Then the phone will go back out like it should.

I though there might be a difference so my nephew gave me his home charger he dont need. Its the charger sprint sent him by mistake for his phone. He has the Blackberry and they sent him the micro-usb wall charger. He gave it to me and when I plug my phone in with that charger the screen lights up and never goes out until I unplug the charger. I dont want to mess up the phone and was just wondering if there is still a difference with the chargers even though they are all micro-usb chargers?

Settings>applications>developer> Then uncheck "Always stay awake while charging"

Thanks !
Never thought there was an option for that. I looked and the box was unchecked though. I used the charger that came with the phone and it dont turn on. When I have to charge it again I will use the other charger that made the light come on and re check/uncheck the box and see if it works.

Upvote 0
I was going to use that setting, but I wondered about screen burn.

I use mine plugged in for long hours at work when I listen to Pandora. It'd be nice to see the screen all the time, as I am always waking it to see what song is playing.

In this case, you could also(if you are not charging) go into the "sounds/displays" setting and there is an area to adjust the screen "time out" and one of your choices is "nnever" or something like that. I think that may be the better way to address this desire so whatever you are doing, the screen stays on all the time until you put it to sleep with the "end" button.

Upvote 0
In this case, you could also(if you are not charging) go into the "sounds/displays" setting and there is an area to adjust the screen "time out" and one of your choices is "nnever" or something like that. I think that may be the better way to address this desire so whatever you are doing, the screen stays on all the time until you put it to sleep with the "end" button.
Also, since it sounds like he would go back and forth with the timeout pretty often, the app 'Quick Settings' makes it quick and simple to turn the screen timeout on and off.;)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones