• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home Charging Cradle

G

grosser

Hello Phandroids,

I have been reading up on the various posts regarding home charger dock/cradles, and I am having a hard time figuring out what to do.

I don't plan on upgrading phones for a while since I am pretty happy with this one, and I have been thinking about getting a charging cradle so it would keep the phone upright while charging.

From what I understand, even with a dock/cradle this phone is not like some of the others that are on the market, so when you connect it to the cradle all it will do is charge. It won't display the clock, or weather, or anything along that line. So, buying a dock is pretty much a waste of money, right? Or is there a way to have it display that info upon cradle?

I know that the phone does come with a clock program, but it doesn't launch on connect which seems really pointless, unless there is a way to have the application launch. Plus, when it is displaying the time it doesn't bounce around the screen so I am kind of nervous about burning the screen in that area (like what would happen with old computer monitors/tv's).

Does anyone have any insight into this?
Thanks for your info!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones