1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Home Folder Problems

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by WarProxy, Dec 24, 2013.

1. WarProxy

WarProxy Lurker

Hey Everyone!

I'm here today to bring you with this mystery (that I have yet to look into :p). I have attached some files that hopefully you can see, I use AndroZip for my files and etc. so when I went up a folder I was surprised to see that there was a folder called 'emulated' and that was where my home folder thing was located instead of being on sdcard0. So I was wondering if anyone has heard of or dealt with this if they can help me (if this is anything bad).

Thanks, WarProxy

Attached Files:

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

There's no internal piece of plastic that's the "internal SD card", instead, part of the phone's memory emulates an SD card. (You're not supposed to look inside the box - you might let the magic out.)

3. WarProxy

WarProxy Lurker

ok but when I looked at the sdcard0 it always had the house on it now it's on the 0 in emulated. Emulated never existed before, I just noticed it yesterday.

4. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)

I think thats android 4.2plus so if you got the 4.3 update, thats whats caused it :)

5. WarProxy

WarProxy Lurker

so it's not a bad thing?

6. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

Yep - they've renamed it, that's all. Personally, I'd rather see something like /mnt/IntSD. That's what you do in Linux - the logical name. Windows uses the physical name (like C:) Why should I care if it's emulated, simulated or black magic - it's storage that's mounted somewhere and it has a name. My ONLY concern is whether it's the physical device I can take out (the microSD card) or not. That's why we don't call tape drives /mnt/sd0 - so we know the physical device is tape, not sd.

7. WarProxy

WarProxy Lurker

ah ok, I was only concerned because when I downloaded a book off the internet it put it in the /storage/emulated/0/AndroZip file instead of the downloads folder

Samsung Galaxy S3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S3 release date was May 2012. Features and Specs include a 4.8" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4412 Quad processor, and 2100mAh battery.

May 2012
Release Date
Reviews