• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

home IP camera

Do you connect to it via browser to configure it? if so, maybe I can help. I have a remote support tool that I use at work. This stuff is right down my alley.

I'm guessing it is on your internal wireless (or wired) network? if you want to get to it from your cell phone via 3g, you need to create a port forwarding solution on your router. that allows you to see an internal ip address on your network from an external ip address.

Upvote 0
Do you connect to it via browser to configure it? if so, maybe I can help. I have a remote support tool that I use at work. This stuff is right down my alley.

I'm guessing it is on your internal wireless (or wired) network? if you want to get to it from your cell phone via 3g, you need to create a port forwarding solution on your router. that allows you to see an internal ip address on your network from an external ip address.

Ok and hows that done, I have a netgear dg 834gt router?

Regards
Scoop:thinking:

Upvote 0
You can also try IP Cam Viewer, a free application with some neat features! We made a review of the application here!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones