1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support home key glitch

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by g.smiley, Feb 26, 2011.

1. g.smiley

g.smiley Newbie
    None

Feb 26, 2011
    hi all. like my new phone so far. however, on morning five or so of ownership, my phone has decided not to function when home key is pressed. for example, if i m two or whatever screens forward from the menu, so to speak, and i want to returndirectly to home screen by pressing (u guessed it) home key, we have issues. Upon being pressed, the phone will stutter back to home screeen for a practically imperceptable millisecond, then, it will show the screen slide to unlock screen for another millisecond, and finally return to whatever menu or text or whatever i started out at. Upon messing with the phone a bit, i was able to deduce that by pressing return, i can go back to home, screen by screen, which is super lame and slower than just pressing home.

So far, all i have done is switch the phone off and on to no avail. Any ideas?

Advertisement

2. ThickG

ThickG Member
    None

Feb 8, 2011
    Dude, I posted this in my other thread, but thought I would let you know. I got a new phone because of this and it started happening again. Though, I think it's due to PowerAmp or using headphones because it seems to happen when I'm listening to music through a headset. I'm still experimenting with it, but if I figure out why/how to fix it, I"ll let you know.

3. knappkd

knappkd Well-Known Member
    None

Jan 26, 2011
    IT Consultant - developer
    PA
    I think it is power amp. Happens to me to. I noticed getting rid of the lockscreen widget seemed to help.

4. ThickG

ThickG Member
    None

Feb 8, 2011
    Good to have confirmation of it. Though, the lockscreen widget was my favorite part of power amp!