1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Home Page Google redirects

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Exris, Feb 8, 2011.

1. Exris

Exris Lurker

Hello,

Little issue what having on mine phone browser on HTC Wildfire with Froyo bought in Latvia (and I'm also using it in Latvia).

I have chosen mine Home Page www.google.com but always as open web browser it redirect to www.google.lv, what provides usually different search results. I'm not interested in this results. Logged on with Google account, where on PC is opening only .com page. Tried to switch in Google settings chosen language (language change but domain left as .com). Disabled location check in Google setting and disabled even on mobile browser these setting, but still redirect to .LV domain.

It's quite annoying when every time its needed to return to English page.

Any suggestions how to deal with it?

Thanks

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=

Welcome to Android Forums, Exris.

If the homepage redirect is not being generated by your carrier, you can remedy that issue by clearing cache, data and defaults in the browser's application manager.

Menu > settings > applications > manage applications > menu > sort by "all." After all of the applications load, find the stock browser there and click it; you'll then see cache clearing and data clearing buttons, and sometimes the "clear defaults" button is available as well.

Once done, reboot your device.

An alternative to doing all of that, and a clue as to if your carrier is redirecting google.com to google.lv, is to simply download and install another browser from Market, such as Dolphin HD, one of the best there is.

Let us know how things are going. :)

3. Exris

Exris Lurker

Did not worked, same redirection occurred. Found in help Google some tips that cookies should be enabled (were on mine in browsers) and third part cookies could be the reason, some browsers are not accepting them or just not able to accept them. But I doubt that this is main cause.

Well, others browsers also did not help. Except Opera Mini, strange that there wasn't this redirecting with shown Google error that cookies not activated, but it was loading longer and wasn't available quite many others function and options as in other browsers.

At moment looking for any others options and causes.

HTC Wildfire Forum

The HTC Wildfire release date was May 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.2" inch screen, 5MP camera, 384GB RAM, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

May 2010
Release Date
Reviews