1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Home page trouble...

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by EosScott, Nov 3, 2011.

1. EosScott

EosScott Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Montreal
    Hi everyone, I'm new here, as I just recently bought my Samsung GS II X. So far, I'm enjoying it quite a bit and am generally getting on well in terms of learning the Android UI.

However, I just ran into an issue regarding my home page. I set it up so that my most used apps would be here and the other pages would have more specialized apps (eg. one page for sports/entertainment, one for photography and so on). Today I noticed that somehow my apps set up on my "tools" page (page 4) ended up on the home page (3) and vice versa. I can't seem to figure out what happened and I don't want to just manually move the apps back and forth, as I'm afraid this will just happen again.

Can anybody tell me how this could have happened and how I can fix this (other than manually switching the apps back and forth)? Thanks a lot,

-Scott

Advertisement

2. eyebeam

eyebeam Android Expert
    None

Try this - Go to your home screen, then hit the menu button so that you get a thumbnail overview of all your screens. Now long press on one you want to move and drag it to where you want it.

Works on my Evo 3d. Hope it does for you too.

EosScott likes this.
  3. Harry2

Harry2 Android Expert
    None

Jun 3, 2010
    Black Forest
    I don't know Samsung's screens ;)
    My HTC has a "bird's view" of all home screens.
    With this view I can move the home screens around, sometimes accidentlally ;)

Harry

EosScott likes this.
  4. sleedeane

sleedeane Android Expert

Jul 6, 2011
    disabled carpenter
    Columbia, MO.
    Flip upwards on any screen to see all your pages, then long press on them to swap them around.

EosScott likes this.
  5. EosScott

EosScott Lurker
    None

Nov 2, 2011
    Montreal
    Thanks guys for your help, I must have somehow swapped them when I got into the bird's eye view. I'm a bit embarrassed, I should have tried that first, but it's pretty much the only thing I didn't try.

Does anyone have any must-know tips for a complete newb like myself so I don't embarrass myself again?:)

Take care,

-Scott

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Jun 30, 2011
    Male
    Well, for the most basic stuff, go over to GSMArena.com and read/watch everything in their review. After that, if there's anything you still need to know and cant find out for yourself, go back here and ask. We wont mind/bite. :)