• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help home panel

My research turned up the same answer shelliewnj posted above. This is messing with my anal-retentive tendencies (and maybe a touch of OCD).

Many of my wallpapers are set up so they are centered when the home screen is in the middle. For example, I have one of a planet in outerspace with stars around it. On the N5, the planet is off to the right because the wallpaper has the planet centered. So on my old RAZR Maxx, I had 5 panels and the middle one was the "home" one. Everything lined up nicely. On the N5, the planet is partially cut off on the right side because it's centering it on the panel to the right of the home screen.

Grrrr. I guess I'll need to edit these to chop off part of the left side to try and line it up. Anyone have any suggestions on dimensions? Will it depend on how many panels I set up (I'm thinking it might)? I've selected a patterned wallpaper in the meantime, since that doesn't have a definite middle and it works fine.

Thanks,

Gary

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones