• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

home replacement/sense question

Joehunni

Android Expert
May 27, 2010
Texas
Ok so I've found this great home replacement app called launcherpro that is wayyy faster and smoother than the sense home. I currently have this set as my default home, so I just pull up taskiller to kill off sense and free up some memory. Even though I kill sense off with taskiller I see that sense has started back up every once and awhile and was wondering both why it starts back up and whether there is a way to stop it from doing so? Also, will killing sense like this lead to any problems down the road? Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Well, seeing as it's the real integration of everything, there's no way to completely kill off sense. If you're only talking about the home that HTC put on it, go to the settings, applications, then scroll down (near the bottom) and click on Sense UI or w/e it's called, then hit force stop. Sense, on a whole, is un-stoppable completely on these HTC phones unless you're rooted.

Upvote 0
well yeah I know that and I know how to stop it, I was just wondering if using a task killer to kill it "HTC sense" while I'm using a different home could cause any problems and was wondering why it keeps re-opening. Surely I'm not the first person to kill HTC sense while using a home replacement to free up memory?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones