1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Home Sceen and App Drawer

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ksarrafi, Dec 9, 2013.

1. ksarrafi

ksarrafi Lurker

When installing apps on Note 3 (I am assuming that's the same way for all android), it put a shortcut on home screen and an icon in the app drawer.. (Sometimes)... How can I get rid of app drawer and always just add icon to the home screen and let me group them there (instead of having a group in home screen and a group in app drawer).. (I guess more like iphone).. It is just much simpler that way..

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Rukbat

Rukbat Extreme Android User

The default place for all apps is the app drawer (which is why it's called the app drawer). I don't think there's any Android phone that has a setting "don't install newly-installed app icons to the app drawer".

3. jwither

jwither Android Enthusiast

We'd have a real problem on our hands without the app drawer, or some sort of repository of all apps that had been installed.

I don't know a single iPhone user that doesn't complain about not being able to hide icons on their home screens for apps they never use.

Being able to customize the Android home screens is one of it's biggest features, not a drawback.

dontpanicbobby and BlueBiker like this.

Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy Note 3 release date was September 2013. Features and Specs include a 5.7" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 800 processor, and 3200mAh battery.

September 2013
Release Date
Reviews