1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Root Home screen black, no menu or response to buttons, LGHome.apk issue?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by brnf2008, Feb 28, 2011.

1. brnf2008

brnf2008 Newbie
    None

My husband rooted his phone. It went thru successful and then he became "uninstall happy" and deleted what I think is the LGHome.apk or a factory app that was required with it, but when I looked in the "fix_permissions" txt document on the phone files (thru the laptop) I located it at the very end of the document "processing 107 of 107" here is what I found:

Processing (107 of 107): com.lge.launcher...
    Changing user ownership for: /system/app/LGHome.apk from '1005' to '0'
    Changing group ownership for: /system/app/LGHome.apk from '1001' to '0'
    Changing permissions for: /system/app/LGHome.apk from '' to 'rw-r--r--' (644)
    Changing permissions for: /data/data/com.lge.launcher from '' to 'rwxr-xr-x' (755)Changing permissions for: /data/data/com.lge.launcher/databases from '' to 'rwxrwx--x' (771)Changing permissions for: /data/data/com.lge.launcher/shared_prefs from '' to 'rwxrwx--x' (771)Changing permissions for: /data/data/com.lge.launcher/files from '' to 'rwxrwx--x' (771)Changing permissions for: /data/data/com.lge.launcher/files/launcher.preferences from '' to 'rwxrwx--x' (771)Changing permissions for: /data/data/com.lge.launcher/lib from '' to 'rwxr-xr-x' (755)/data/data/com.koushikdutta.rommanager/files/fix_permissions 2.04 ended at 02-27-2011 10:20:12 (Runtime:0m58s)

Is this what it is supposed to say? Or is there an error somewhere in there? I can access the internet and everything thru the phone I just can't find a way into the settings or anything like that:thinking:

Any suggestions?

Advertisement

2. brnf2008

brnf2008 Newbie
    None

SOLVED
    HERE'S MY TUTORIAL HOW

The issue was a LGHome.apk issue. He must of deleted while being uninstall happy (; But the problem is fiixed (majority of the way) I was able to access the internet using the search button on the phone in doing so I pulled up ASTRO file manager download AND THANK GOSH :D it had a link to the Market app on the site (cause I couldn't access it from the phone otherwise) I downloaded it and then followed these steps:

1.Download Astro File Manager from the Market
    2.Connect your phone to computer in disk drive mode (connect to USB cable, select Disk Drive(or USB Mass Storage drive) from the options that appear on the phone, press Done)
    3.Copy the APK file to the SD card (anywhere you like)
    4.Disconnect phone from computer (remembering to Safely Eject first)
    5.Open Astro and browse to the file
    6.Select the file and choose the Open App Manager option
    7.Press the Install button

8.If you get a message saying:

Tags: