• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home screen doesnt rotate to landscape mode anymore unless keyboard is slid out.

tx_brandon

May 28, 2010
Austin
Home screen used to do landscape immediate and always. Now it doesn't do landscape at all unless I slide the keyboard out and it pops into landscape immediately. Then when I close the keyboard it goes back to portrait even when I'm holding the phone in landscape. Not sure how to fix this, help please.

Reactions: LilGravy
Updated: Actually, it looks like it was Android updates from Google that removed the auto-rotation. This thread is informative:

https://supportforums.motorola.com/thread/16696?tstart=0

OP: For some reason, the Car Dock application locks out the auto rotation of the home screen. Before it is run the first time, the home screens will auto rotate; afterwards, they won't. On one of the Motorola.com forums, they claimed it was by design.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones