1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Home Screen flash before Lockscreen

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sunny051488, May 26, 2011.

1. sunny051488

sunny051488 Lurker

Hi everyone,

Just been enjoying my Gs2 for about a week now and i've noticed something weird about mine and wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing the same thing.

So when i press the home button to check what time it is, my home screen flashes for less than half a second then shows the lock screen and the time. This just happens when i haven't used the phone for several hours and i'm usually at work and i just take my phone out every now and then to check stuff. This doesn't happen every time either. It happened at the beginning of writing this post and now its not doing it but if i wait for an hour and then press the home button, it will flash the home screen then show the lock screen. Anyone else get this or am i just lucky?

Doesnt bother me too much but just wanted to see.

2. vengance007

vengance007 Well-Known Member

just go it myself about 5mins ago but yeah i get it here and there. a little annoying to be honest. i replaced my lock screen with the pattern lock and havent had the annoyance since :p

3. Elst

Elst Newbie

I get it with all the lock screens. Is there a fix?

4. Miths000

Miths000 Well-Known Member

Happens to me on occasion as well, even with WidgetLocker replacing the normal lock screen.
    I'm just speculating wildly here - and I'm almost certainly wrong - but perhaps it could be some sort of visual glitch if the lock screen is literally overlaid on top of the home screen, like a Windows application window on top of the Windows desktop? The way it (the default lock screen) slides away certainly suggests that at least on a visual level it functions this way.

5. hidehide

hidehide Newbie

Mine only started acting like this after I upgraded to KF4..
    It gets worse after upgrading.. what a shame..

6. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Yeah happens all the time to me. I'm on KE7 in the UK, which is apparently the latest official version for this market. Just another Android bug I think.

7. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Android Expert

this is not a bug. the phone has a "deep sleep" state which it enters when the screen is off for a period of time. the lockscreen does this because the phone is coming out of that deep sleep. if you plug your phone up to charge, you'll notice it won't happen...

8. Deleted User

Deleted User Guest

Hmmm... still sounds like a bug to me. Regardless of whether the phone is coming from deep sleep or not, the user has placed it in 'lock' mode and therefore no home screen should be displayed at all until after the lock screen is bypassed, even if it is only for a brief moment.

9. SilverDroid

SilverDroid Well-Known Member

Use a pattern unlock or stop moaning about things that don't matter :p

10. Elst

Elst Newbie

Pattern lock does it as well lol

11. SilverDroid

SilverDroid Well-Known Member

Hmm ok fair enough. Ive only ever seen it happen once (before pattern lock) and even if it did it again... I wouldnt be fussed :p

Samsung Galaxy S2 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S2 release date was April 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.3" inch screen, 8MP camera, 1GB RAM, Exynos 4210 Dual processor, and 1650mAh battery.

April 2011
Release Date
Reviews