• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home screen lag/stuttering

ChrisK15

Nov 7, 2009
Surprisingly I can't find any other threads about this. Does everyone here experience some sort of lag or stuttering when flipping through homescreens? If so, have any of you figured out a way to make it smoother? It also happens with the slideout trays on the homescreen.

This was actually one of the reasons why I went with the Eris instead (besides the Sense UI). I'm very happy with it too - although battery life was killing mine. Turns out my advanced task killer was killing the battery as well haha.

Doesnt the Eris use the older OS?

I saw the lag in a video review of the phone before i got it. Didnt seem like, and ISNT a major issue at all. It's just not pretty.

I didnt and dont worry too much about it because im sure it'll be a easy fix in a update.

Upvote 0
Doesnt the Eris use the older OS?

I saw the lag in a video review of the phone before i got it. Didnt seem like, and ISNT a major issue at all. It's just not pretty.

I didnt and dont worry too much about it because im sure it'll be a easy fix in a update.

It does use the older OS (1.5) but it also has the Sense UI which adds a bunch of features like pinch zoom like the iphone, and 7 desktops instead of 3. Basically the only thing it was missing was the google nav but there's an app for that haha.

I think 2.0 has some better e-mail stuff though than the 1.5. And I'm sure they'll fix that lag in the update too.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones