1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Home Screen Lights Issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by sja0001, Jan 3, 2012.

1. sja0001

sja0001 Lurker
    None

May 18, 2011
    Hi all, I've had my phone for a few months now and have to say it's brilliant, I upgraded from the Wildfire but love the Desire S's speed and only slightly larger size.
    However a few days ago I noticed the bottom of the screen containing the Home, Menu, Back and Search buttons rermained lit all the time. I tried a re-boot etc. with no luck, removed the battery etc. still no luck. Then they eventually went off yesterday (about 3 days later) but now they are intermittantly flashing on and off.
    Has anybody else had this problem?? Or any clues how to cure.
    Thanks
    SJA

Advertisement

2. notebook

notebook Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 10, 2011
    Although you may have already tried this, you can try turning the screen brightness off and on to see if that does anything. All apps > Settings > Display > Brightness > check/uncheck Automatic brightness.

Screen/phone protectors may interfere with the relevant sensors, so if you have one of those, make sure it's fitted correctly, or try for a while without it to see if that makes a difference. (The light/proximity sensors are about 1cm to the left of the 'htc' logo at the top of the phone.)

You can also try one of the many sensor test apps on Android Market, like AndroSensor, to see if they're functioning properly.

sja0001 likes this.
  3. sja0001

sja0001 Lurker
    None

May 18, 2011
    Thanks for the response. I've already tried the brightness settings and the screen protector's been in place for circa 3 months so I don't suspect it's that however - and I can't explain this - the issue seems to have gone away now! The last 12 hours or so it's been working fine so fingers crossed.
    Thanks again
    SJA

Tags: