1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

home screen Links to videos

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by anon125, Oct 8, 2018.

1. anon125

anon125 Well-Known Member

I have been using the 'file shortcut' app successfully on the gt-nn8010 tablet.
    I used a gif with a clear background. First time it worked , subsequent times the background had a colour.
    Is this problem caused by the app or the tablet?
    Thanks all.
    Ps. Do I need an app to put an image on the screen that links to a video?

2. Rico ANDROID

Rico ANDROID Android Expert

I'd like to see a screen recording of your setup. When you say link to a video does it mean when u touch the image on your home screen it loads a video player?

3. anon125

the videos are on the tablet. clicking on them automatically makes them play.
    that is not the problem.
    i have tiny picture (several actually) on the homescreen that is linked to the video.
    but before when the pic was round i could see only the round. as it is a gif, i could not see the pics background. when i used the same pic again i could see the pics background

4. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Just use Chrome browser and choose add link to desktop. Done.

5. anon125

the tablet is not on the internet. the files are on the tablet. so why would i need chrome?
    thanks

6. Dannydet

Dannydet Extreme Android User

Ok got it.
    I thought these were internet links.
    The best way to achieve what you are asking is to use your file explorer, and add the file explorer app icon to the home screen

7. anon125

thanks
    so i would click once to get to the file explorer, 2nd to get to the card, 3rd to the file itself.

think i will stick to the links on the homescreen!

all we wanted was boxes with rounded corners from say photoshop. we have square ones that work fine, and the round one worked first time just not when we used it another time. it is a gif

Dannydet likes this.
  8. anon125

here is a picture of the icons.

I made more icons. the first time i used one it is fine. the second time it has the black background.

Somebody else must make an app that lets you use your own icons and can click open a file!

thanks all

tried More Shortcuts but it did not work

Attached Files:

#8 anon125, Oct 9, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2018