1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

Support Home Screen Moving by itself to Next

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by lvncowboy, Oct 18, 2010.

1. lvncowboy

lvncowboy Member

Jun 21, 2010
    Home Repair Services
    Finksburg Maryland
    Ok Freaky, :eek: I place my phone down on the table within a few min the screens move from one to the other automatically whats up with this.. Its like a ghost here lol, No for real I swing my home pages all the way to the right within a few min they go back to the left... strange any ideas people whats causing this.. :thinking:

Advertisement

2. Phydeaux

Phydeaux Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2009
    Lake Oswego, Or.
    A couple suggestions:
    Recalibrate the screen and check sensitivity level
    Perform an exorcism.

3. fortesquieu

fortesquieu Well-Known Member

Apr 27, 2010
    Clean your track pad.
    It may be your light sensor, the first Dinc I receveid on 29th Apr had this issue, the light sensor was wonky, so it was flipping the homescreens in the dark.

4. jaybeewaybee

jaybeewaybee Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2010
    Video Engineer
    Los Angeles
    I have had the same problem for 6 months. Thanks for the tip about the trackball. That's definitely it. Did you have to replace the phone, or did you find a workaround? I just live with it.

5. DarbagDarbag

DarbagDarbag Well-Known Member

Mar 12, 2010
    The Burgh & Fort Worth
    mine has this problem once in a while too.

i just live with it

6. bostontom

bostontom Member

Apr 8, 2010
    return it now. i dealt with the same issue for 4 months (except it went to the left), trying every remedy you have/will see suggested here.

re-calibrate, factory reset, clean the track pad, clean the screen, ground yourself, wait for the froyo update, etc.

the toughest part was re-creating the phantom swipe in front of a verizon employee. about my third trip there, i got a young kid who actually had the phone and had the same issue, he immediately put me in for a replacement (remember, you have a 1 year warranty for defects like this).

if you dont want to return it, the only thing that worked was putting a piece of duct tape over the track pad.

7. klyphf

klyphf Member

Aug 7, 2010
    I also had the same problem. Drove me insane for weeks until I returned it and got a refurb. Problem solved.