• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home Screen Redraws/Flickerng with default LG launcher

Am I able to get unread count badges on my apps with those launchers?
Yes... It's a free add-on in Solo, might be in the base app in Holo, I don't recall exactly. Solo Launcher is the lighter weight of the two.

I personally hate unread badges. I just started using Solo Launcher again since version 2.0 is out and they updated a couple things that had been causing a problem with my weather widget before.

Upvote 0
Yes... It's a free add-on in Solo, might be in the base app in Holo, I don't recall exactly. Solo Launcher is the lighter weight of the two.

I personally hate unread badges. I just started using Solo Launcher again since version 2.0 is out and they updated a couple things that had been causing a problem with my weather widget before.

Upvote 0
Do you know how I can get them in my lock screen as well? It's not very hard to get them while zipping around my home screen but they still don't work on the lock screen

(when using third-party launchers)
Third party launchers usually have their own lockscreen app. Although, using the stock lockscreen should still show unread icons.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I am using it now. Here's a couple screenshots. It seems to be a little laggier than it used to be, but I just started using it again, but it's not any worse than any other launcher. This is also a complete revamp, so it will probably update and get better. It could also just be my phone and all the crap I have on it.

Attachments

• 1425243380967.jpg
    1425243380967.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 48
  • 1425243394769.jpg
    1425243394769.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 0
Well, maybe the problem is elsewhere then. Generally Solo is fine for me, and I never had a problem with Holo Launcher. Did you enable keep in memory in Holo Launcher? The only lighter launcher I personally know of is Zeam Launcher, but it hasn't been updated in over a year and doesn't do unread notifications, if I recall.

Upvote 0
I know how to keep things optimized.
Hope that doesn't mean you are using some task killer, because that's not how to keep things optimized.

I don't have any other suggestions. Check out the articles I linked. The second one particularly mentions some that I've not seen before. I'm trying a couple of them out myself as I'm always looking for leaner launchers.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones