• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home Screen when hitting the home Button

Is there a way to set the which of the home screens the phone goes to when you hit the home button?

Like he said above, I don't think there is a way to tell it which screen to go to when you hit the home button, but I've figured out basically how to set which screen it will go to.

From what I've been able to tell messing with the screens, if you have anywhere from 2-4 screens, hitting the home button will take you to the screen all the way on the right. After that, if you have anywhere from 5-7 screens, the home button takes you to the fourth screen counting from the left, which means if you have 7 screens, it takes you the middle one.

So, basically, if you have 2 or 3 screens, setup the rightmost screen as your main home screen, and if you have 4-7 screens, set the fourth screen from the left as your main home screen.

Upvote 0
Like he said above, I don't think there is a way to tell it which screen to go to when you hit the home button, but I've figured out basically how to set which screen it will go to.

From what I've been able to tell messing with the screens, if you have anywhere from 2-4 screens, hitting the home button will take you to the screen all the way on the right. After that, if you have anywhere from 5-7 screens, the home button takes you to the fourth screen counting from the left, which means if you have 7 screens, it takes you the middle one.

So, basically, if you have 2 or 3 screens, setup the rightmost screen as your main home screen, and if you have 4-7 screens, set the fourth screen from the left as your main home screen.

Okay so that is just strange.. It does seem to work like you said. Thank you for that. But I was hoping to have the middle screen be my "home key" screen as I have set my picture as the background and the middle screen is the only screen where the picture is centered. You should just be able to select the screen you want!

Edit.. I just added 7 screens (4 of which are blank) and it does make that middle screen the "Home" key since that middle screen is now the 4th screen from the left. We will see if I like i like this or not.

Upvote 0
I thought it was kind of strange too, I first noticed it when I decided I didn't need all 7 screens right now, so I got rid of the ones on the far left and right. After I did that, hitting the home button started taking me to the screen just to the right of what had been my home screen. I thought I had screwed it up somehow at first, but after messing around a little bit, I figured out what the deal was. I would rather it just make the middle screen the home screen, or even better, make it where you can select the home screen. It's not a huge deal for me right now, but if I get annoyed enough by it, I may try a different launcher.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones