• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Home Screen won't "flip" when phone rotated

Hey all,
Just a minor problem that maybe I just have a setting out of wack. I have ADW launcher installed, which may or may not be an issue. But the home screen(s) won't flip to the wide screen look when the phone is rotated sideways. All the other views i.e. settings, browsers, etc do this no problem, but the home screen(s) them selves are stuck in a portrait view. Any ideas? :thinking:

From andwerweb's site:

New “Persistence”

This version uses a completely different persistence implementation, but remember this is really only needed for low memory devices like G1(Dream)/Mytouch3G(Sapphire).

By using this persistence option, ADW.Launcher will FORCE the screen to portrait mode. ADW Won’t auto rotate, even when opening the keyboard on those phones with hardware keyboards.
This way ADW would be really “hard to kill”, so you can always return to home really fast.

So I am guessing don't have the System Persistent checked. Mine is unchecked and I rotate quite nicely!!

Reactions: stocker
Upvote 0
Lol, I don't read the update blurb so I miss out on stuff too. I had totally missed out on how to create/reduce no of screens when that changed from main menu... thank god for the forum and people who do read stuff. Which is why when I read your query I went straight to their website to see if it was in the change log and yup there that bad boy was. Glad you got sorted, thats the main thing!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones