1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support Home Switcher issue

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by golfinglenn, Sep 26, 2011.

1. golfinglenn

golfinglenn Well-Known Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    I just did the upgrade on my phone to 2.3.4 and ever since my phone switches from Launcher Pro to the sense operating system (or whatever you call it). I have to go into home switcher and launch Launcher Pro (which is checked as default Home App). It will be using Launcher Pro for a while then eventually I will wake the phone up and be in the Sense app and have to go into Home Switcher again to launch Launcher Pro. Works great for a while then pooof, back to sense.

Anyone else having this issue. Have done battery pulls, but doesn't help.

Thanks,

Glenn

Advertisement

2. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Android Expert
    None

It's usually called the Sense UI I think. This doesn't look good. My Incredible 2 should be here tomorrow and I use LPP. It sounds like I need to root and ROM right away and not even try stock.

3. victek

victek Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 1, 2011
    Sometimes uninstalling/reinstalling will sort out that kind of thing. If Launcher Pro gives you the option backup your settings and R&R.

4. x_Prozak_x

x_Prozak_x Member
    None

May 16, 2010
    Midland, MI
    I had the same issue with my DINC1 before I was upgraded to DINC2.

To solve it (at least for me) I want into the app settings, found Sence UI and cleared it as the default home. Then, when I hit the home again, it let me set LP as my default.

Before I did that, I could still set LP as default, however, it wouldnt seem to remember it. Every time I hit home, it would revert to Sense UI.

hope this helps!

5. badfish.rp

badfish.rp Lurker
    None

Jul 28, 2011
    Estimator
    VA
    I had the same issue. Got to settings > manage applications > choose all apps > find HTC Sense open it and hit clear defaults. That should work it did for me.

6. TTupa

TTupa Member
    None

Apr 30, 2010
    I thought that after Eclair Home Switcher is not needed. As soon as you install a new launcher, you can press the home soft key, and it will give you a choice. If you press "set as default" it should stay that way. You can clear this by doing as badfish.rp indicates...either select HTC Sense or Launcher Pro, depending on which you selected as default.

You may want to remove Home Switcher to see if that fixes the issue.