• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Home Switching Question

JohnDa

Nov 23, 2009
Just got my Droid 3 for $150 at Verizon. Very impressed so far. One issue I've found has to do with home replacements. I have both LauncherPro and ADW and messed with them a bit, but I thought I'd give Blur a fair shot (using HomeSwitcher to move between). However, when I'm in Blur and I hit the home button, the home choices pop up but my only two options are LP and ADW. So to navigate out of an app, I can't just hit "home", I have to hit back, back, back...

Anyone know how to get the Blur home to show as a choice along with LP and ADW.

Just got my Droid 3 for $150 at Verizon. Very impressed so far. One issue I've found has to do with home replacements. I have both LauncherPro and ADW and messed with them a bit, but I thought I'd give Blur a fair shot (using HomeSwitcher to move between). However, when I'm in Blur and I hit the home button, the home choices pop up but my only two options are LP and ADW. So to navigate out of an app, I can't just hit "home", I have to hit back, back, back...

Anyone know how to get the Blur home to show as a choice along with LP and ADW.

Man i just went through this....the only way i have been able to switch between them is with the Home Manager app...its kind of annoying though so i decided to stay with blu and uninstall home Managerr...it isnt too laggy on this phone..LP is still a lot quicker though.

Upvote 0
Reactions: JohnDa
Upvote 0
Try "Moto Home Fix"
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.nightshadelabs.motoblurhome

I installed Launcher Pro and Moto Home Fix on my Droid 3. When I click on the "Home" button I get the prompt giving me two options "Default Home" and "LauncherPro".

The comments say it doesn't work on Gingerbread but it seems to work fine on my Droid 3.

While doing digging, I also ran into this app which looked sort of interesting:

https://market.android.com/details?id=com.teslacoilsw.homesmack

Thanks a million! It worked great for me. It may be blasphemy, but I'm kinda liking Blur.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones