1. Check out our companion app, Forums for Android! Download from Google Play

HomePipe

Discussion in 'Android Apps & Games' started by rcrott1, Jun 3, 2010.

1. rcrott1

rcrott1 Well-Known Member

HomePipe is First to Stream iTunes Music to Android Devices | Droid Life: A Motorola Droid Blog

little blurb from the site

A couple of weeks ago during an App Roundup, we pointed out the release of HomePipe into the Android Market as a competitor to Dropbox and LogMeIn. Well as of today, it may have just taken a giant step ahead of both by announcing a feature which allows you to stream your iTunes library from a home computer through your Android device over both 3G and wi-fi. Crazy right? We weren

Advertisement

2. joggy

joggy Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    How does this app differ from Orb? Both apps seem to do the same thing unless I'm missing something.

3. joggy

joggy Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2010
    Well I went ahead and gave Homepipe a shot. I gotta say that while the app is certainly promising, it's got a way to go imo. No true backgrounding of the app, no shuffling of entire library (that I can see) and it buffers for quite sometime before stream starts (even on wifi).

Orb Media is a better solution for my needs, so I'll stick with that for now.

Still, I love the idea of these types of apps. My library is way too large to fit on any one device, so apps like this are a nice alternative to iPods etc.

Ultimately we'll no doubt have a really nice solution when Gingerbread hits. It supposedly brings the Simplify Media technology (which Google snagged a few months back). This coupled with it's reported music store should be a winner.

rcrott1 likes this.