1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Homescreen and Apps Following 2.3.3 Update

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by universalexports1962, Sep 5, 2011.

1. universalexports1962

I was hoping that with the 2.3.3 upgrade there would be an increase in the number of screens as the five I have are almost full.
    What has made it worse is that on the 2.1 version I had five rows with four apps on each row

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Android Enthusiast

I use adw ex launcher and it allows up to 7 screens I use 5 and you can also change the setup I have a 5 by 5 grid with hidden names remember that the more homescreens you have it can sometimes affect performance

ric

universalexports1962 likes this.
  3. x10iii

x10iii Well-Known Member

i use go launcher ex... u can use sooo many home screens.. waay more than 7!

4. arkangeluk

arkangeluk Android Enthusiast

why would you want more than 7 lol would that not affect performance

ric

5. universalexports1962

Five or seven screens would be perfect especially as I can now only put 16 apps to a screen. I will go to the market and download launcher.

6. beau420

beau420 Android Expert

There are several different launchers out there that will let you do what you want.

Android Home Screen Launchers: Six of the Best | Android.AppStorm

Heads up.....more icons on the screen....slower the phone goes....more screens...slower it goes....just a heads up.

7. Crash27

Crash27 Android Enthusiast

I like using ADW Launcher EX 1.3.3.1, It has lot's of nice features like the extra home screens, Gestures, Lock Desktop, Create Groups In App Drawer, Change Colors, Size, Fonts Of Icons and the list goes on. Another nice home launcher is the new SPB Shell 3D, it is chalked full of extras and a very nice home screen viewer. But each person has different tastes, I just installed each one until I found the ones I liked the most.

8. Merolas

Merolas Android Enthusiast

i used to have LauncherPro plus....it was perfect....very custom and all the screen i need....matched with a app that make you fit 4 shortcuts into a 1X1 square i could fit up to 80 apps into 1 screen (off course it was slow but cool)

now i have changed to something way more cool, pricey but really nice:

SPB Shell 3D: Android Launcher Deluxe | Android.AppStorm

the 3D Launcher is really sleek and fast.

take a look

9. universalexports1962

I downloaded the ADW. Launcher and having spent half an hour learning how to use it (playing about with launcher actions) I am very impressed. I increased the screens to seven, columns to four and rows to five and moved my 100 or so apps to their respective screens. Moving them was so easy and a being able to rename them makes the screens look much neater.
    I downloaded the other apps and played with them as you suggested Crash 27, but will stay with ADW. Launcher.
    Merolas and Crash 27 - SPB Shell 3D

10. 916x10

916x10 Android Enthusiast

For me, it was the opposite. I wanted fewer homescreens as I prefer the non-cluttered, clean looking setup. So i'm on the SE Arc Launcher, modded w/3 homescreens and green SE logo for my app drawer icon.

11. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

I tried go launcher and have to say I liked it a lot.

However, I've now uninstalled it as it just killed my battery. I'd go to bed with more than 50% battery left, and wake up with just 1% left. I was finding that I needed to charge the phone every day, sometimes twice a day!!

I uninstalled it and fully charged the phone on Saturday. By this morning (Monday) I still had about 25% battery left, whereas I know that if i still had Go launcher on it, I would have had to recharge the phone on Sunday morning!

12. universalexports1962

When I go to bed I now switch aircraft mode on which uses practically no power. My alarm clock still works.

13. Merolas

Merolas Android Enthusiast

Sony Ericsson Xperia X10 Forum

Features and specs are not yet known.

unknown
Release Date
Reviews