• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Homescreen Icon Toggle

sahil04

Sep 28, 2010
Is there a way to toggle the apps we have on our home screens on/off? Right now I don't have a live wallpaper but when I do (I change wallpapers often), I'd like to show some people the phone colors without the icons on it.

Is there any program/widget that anyone knows of that toggles them on/off?

Thanks.

Is there a way to toggle the apps we have on our home screens on/off? Right now I don't have a live wallpaper but when I do (I change wallpapers often), I'd like to show some people the phone colors without the icons on it.

Is there any program/widget that anyone knows of that toggles them on/off?

Thanks.

This really isn't a a true fix as much as it is a work around, but the easiest way would probably be to download and use a home screen replacement. Set 1 up the way you want it, and use the other for your day-to-day activity.

Currently I have the stock Touch Wiz that has all the crap on it, i.e. all the standard home screen widgets and programs. My alternate is Launcher Pro, that one I have set up the way I want it to work, very minimalist and everything clean neat and organized between 3 scrolling screens. I used to have Open Home when I had the G1, and I still have it on the Vibrant, however I just can't get it to do what Launcher Pro can. (There are free and paid ones of each available)

Whatever one you choose, you can either set one as the default or check neither as default and it'll ask you which home you want to use each time you hit the home button, both will be set up however you want.

Another option, which is super low tech, simply add another screen to you existing home screen lineup and keep it empty. Either way you'll find something you like.

Good luck.

Upvote 0
This really isn't a a true fix as much as it is a work around, but the easiest way would probably be to download and use a home screen replacement. Set 1 up the way you want it, and use the other for your day-to-day activity.

Currently I have the stock Touch Wiz that has all the crap on it, i.e. all the standard home screen widgets and programs. My alternate is Launcher Pro, that one I have set up the way I want it to work, very minimalist and everything clean neat and organized between 3 scrolling screens. I used to have Open Home when I had the G1, and I still have it on the Vibrant, however I just can't get it to do what Launcher Pro can. (There are free and paid ones of each available)

Whatever one you choose, you can either set one as the default or check neither as default and it'll ask you which home you want to use each time you hit the home button, both will be set up however you want.

Another option, which is super low tech, simply add another screen to you existing home screen lineup and keep it empty. Either way you'll find something you like.

Good luck.

I'm using Launcherpro but I have all 7 screens and icons on each one. Depending on the wallpaper, I always move them around. That's why I was wondering if there was just a way to toggle all the icons/widgets on the home screens on/off.

Maybe I'm just weird but I'm not sure why there isn't a option like this already :D.

Thanks for the reply.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones