• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Homescreen icon went AWOL

garryknight

Oct 12, 2010
London, England
This morning my Samsung Galaxy S2 running Gingerbread 2.3.4 had 4 icons along the bottom of the screen - those icons that stay still when you pan to the other screens. I had the Phone, the Calendar, Note Everything, and the Applications icon. At some point this evening I turned on the display and noticed the words "Safe Mode" at the bottom-left of the screen. Thinking that the phone must have somehow rebooted itself in my pocket, I powered it off and on again. Now I only have the Phone, Calendar, and Applications icons in that area.

I can't remember at all how I got the Note Everything icon into that location. Can someone please remind me? Thanks.

That's it, thanks. I actually came back to the thread to say that I'd found the answer here.

There were really two problems: 1) I couldn't remember that it was called the 'dock', and 2) my apps drawer was in list mode so the Edit option was missing from the menu. Once you'd reminded me of the first, I was able to do a more effective search and solve the second.

Thanks again for taking the time to help :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones