1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

Support homescreen icons

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by johncf, Jul 21, 2011.

1. johncf

johncf Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    CAD
    leeds uk
    So I was playing with the home screens today. ( i have sensation )
    on one of them i decided to put all my games, so i dragged them all there and laid them out.

all their icons looking like they should, a while later i decided to reset my phone, now if i go to the homescreen with all the games on it their default original icons are now the green and white default android icon.

it has only happened to games that i have on the sd card.

is there a way to stop it doing this, obviously not a great worry for me as im not likely to restart the phone very often ( it does not do the above if i turn off and on just when restarting the phone )

or is there a quick way to restore the icons, i had to remove the games from the homescreen and drag them all there again?

thanks

John

Advertisement

2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra=
    None

Thread moved to HTC Sensation for you, johncf. Others with that device can see this and offer advice.

3. spenspuma

spenspuma Well-Known Member
    None

Sep 24, 2009
    My does exactly the same....I ended up moving the apps back to the phone from SD card as it was driving me nuts and making my homescreen look rubbish.

I fear its a Sensation problem and one that HTC will have to sort with an update

4. johncf

johncf Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    CAD
    leeds uk
    I fear its a Sensation problem and one that HTC will have to sort with an update[/QUOTE]

i dont think it is just a sensation problem ( which is why it was in the android thread ) as i have read of other people on differant forums, with different phones having the same problem.

5. colnago

colnago Android Expert
    None

Nov 17, 2009
    I have the same problem on both my Sensation, and my Defy, as well as my girl's Inspire. However I have all my games icons in a folder on a homescreen. Sometimes they appear as a default "Android" icon, and they will restore themselves to the original icon. Usually a reboot fixes, or a remove/reinstall will resolve.

6. NigelP

NigelP Member
    None

May 16, 2010
    UK
    It used to happen now and again on my previous HTC Desire as well. The proper app icon would just be replaced with the bog standard default white/green Android icon. It always resolved itself with a reboot. The same thing has happened to me this morning on my two day old Sensation. The four games I've put in a Games folder show a default icon, so does pretty much every app I've downloaded (The "pre-installed" app shortcuts that were on the the phone already, are not affected and still show the correct icon image fine). Curiously, the icons I put on the Lockscreen are correct, but when I get to the homescreen, they are not!

I've turned the phone off, restarted, rebooted, removed the battery, removed the SIM etc a few times and it's not fixed it. If I remove the shortcut and then apply it again, the icon does appear correctly, but I've already done that twice, only to have them disappear again, so it's something that needs an update as that can't be normal! (I'm glad it's not just me!)

7. neosk

neosk Lurker
    None

Jul 21, 2011
    Developer
    Slovakia
    happened to me with Firefox 6 Beta installed, while I had it moved to SD card. guess it's a bug ...

8. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator

May 11, 2010
    Male
    Systems Administrator
    Northern Ky
    Yea, it's not so much about a specific phone as its just the time it takes for your SD card to load (ie, be prepared, mount, whatever). This could be due to the amount of stuff on card or could be because the speed of your card isn't up to snuff, OR worst case a sign that your SD card is getting ready to die.

Used to happen to me all the time. Turns out my SD card was completely corrupted. I formatted and started fresh and all was good. (ps, EVERY time i restored all the data from the back up of card i made it started to do this again...)

9. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon

Jun 10, 2010
    New Mexico, USA
    It has to do with the timing being messed up, as NightAngel79 said - but Sense 3 is way bad at this, we've chased this one down in the Evo forum.

Problem is it gets out of sync with itself, preparing the desktop and then accessing the SD card.

If you want to keep your apps on the SD card, you can go into app management and force quit HTC Sense when this happens.

Other options listed here, note one guy said he found a fast soft reset app that does the trick.

http://androidforums.com/htc-evo-3d/361453-icon-bug-apps2sd-solution-post-47-here.html

NigelP likes this.
  10. johncf

johncf Well-Known Member
    None

Jun 22, 2011
    CAD
    leeds uk
    i find a fix for my part, if i change the theme to something else and then back it sorts restores the icons back to what they should be

on a side note if any one ins thinking of getting the genuine htc screen protectors...do not bother they do not fit

11. skilos

skilos Lurker
    None

Aug 2, 2011
    I solved the same problem by changing the scene (Theme) and change it back to my original scene (Theme)... et voila!

Xyro likes this.