1. Download our Official Android App: Forums for Android!

General Homescreen Organization Techniques

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by skatejake51, Jan 3, 2013.

1. skatejake51

skatejake51 Newbie
    None

Mar 16, 2011
    Male
    YouTube
    California
    I am very OCD with my home screens on my phone. Is anyone else? Every page on my phone has a purpose? Is there any one else with this? haha;)

Advertisement

2. funkylogik

funkylogik share the love peeps ;)
    None

Sep 15, 2011
    Male
    monkey
    Paisley, Scotland, Western Europe
    Yeah but not ocd lol :)
    Main centre page is just sexy with a clock widget and maybe a dock, left is folders of certain type of app and is tidy, 1st right is a mess,.. youd hate it mate lol, widgets and shortcuts :) right of that is full size calender widget.. far left is titled Sandroid Pit at the top n thats where i put new apps when testin em.
    Thats it, 5pages (cymetrical) :)

3. BroncoDroid

BroncoDroid Newbie
    None

May 7, 2012
    I do something similar. Center screen is a sexy, slim down version where i can actually see my background and it fits in. Left is all my google apps, then further left is apps i mostly use. I never go to the right, therefore its looks horrible.

4. ceva321

ceva321 Android Enthusiast
    None

so you suffer from Obsessive–compulsive disorder (OCD) an anxiety disorder characterized by intrusive thoughts that produce uneasiness, apprehension, fear, or worry; by repetitive behaviors aimed at reducing the associated anxiety; or by a combination of such obsessions and compulsions over your phone screens??

[​IMG]

5. keith1210mk2

keith1210mk2 Newbie
    None

Dec 16, 2012

6. BigCiX

BigCiX Android Expert
    None

Jul 30, 2010
    California
    Home screen is just a widget. To the right are my daily apps that get used a lot (calculator, camera, calendar, etc). The screen the the right of that is my entertainment page (music, score center, direct tv, tune in radio, YouTube, etc). Pretty much anything that uses data.

Scrolling over to the left ifs my widget page (search bar, power control bar, auto rotate widget and power amp widget). To the left of that are all my games which right now I don't have any. All apps are in alphabetically order.

7. Gomjaba

Gomjaba Android Enthusiast
    None

Nov 8, 2012
    Homescreen are main apps I am using, weather and clock widget, one page is a calendar widget (cozi), other page train time widget and one is system widgets (airplane mode / bluetooth tethering / setting alarm / mute etc.)

8. mikes1

mikes1 Android Enthusiast
    None

Jun 18, 2012
    Mmhmm me for sure. My home page is always the same. Big weather widget and 2 full rows of icons making sure I have my messengers, facebook, camera, stores, and gallery icons on it. And the dock is phone, contacts, messages, and Chrome. The right page will have my music widget on the very top and then two rows of icons on the bottom two rows. All other pages have two rows of icons or widgets on the very bottom rows leaving me the top half of the screen on the remaining pages so I can see my wallpaper =) I always have it that way and I took screenshots of all the pages and put them on my computer so if I ever factory reset then I will have the exact layout again.