1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

homescreens EVERYWHERE why so many?

Discussion in 'Android Lounge' started by ahautographs, Dec 26, 2011.

1. ahautographs

ahautographs Newbie

I hope this is the right place to ask this and from what I have read there is app called launcher pro but I don't think that was for this specific question.
    On one thread there was a picture of a homescreen snapshot. I belive that getting there may solve my problem but I have SEVEN home screens and only have icons on three of them hence I have four blank homescreens. Does launcherpro eliminate the unused screens? How do I get rid of those unused homescreens. Also, what is the difference in the home screen and the application screen? Thanks all.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. jerofld

jerofld Fixing stuff is not easy

It should. I'm not sure how to do it, but I'd take a few stabs at it:

Push Home. Then push it again. You should see a window where all your homescreens appear. Long push on one that you want to delete and a delete option may come up.

If not, Go back to your homescreen (main). Push the menu button and see if there is a feature to edit homescreens...then see if there's a way to delete them.

If not, hopefully someone else can answer your question that uses Launcher Pro.

3. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Launcher Pro, on your homescreen, go to Menu>Preferences>General>Homescreens>change the number.

4. ahautographs

ahautographs Newbie

Thank you both but nothing seems to work On menu it doesn't list preferences just settings and under settings there is nothing that shows the number of home screens. Any other advise or am I missing something?

5. ahautographs

ahautographs Newbie

OK I downloaded launcherpro and got it i think. Everytime I go to my home screen it promts me to choose an application (launcherpro or twlaunch) in order to go to my home screen. Does that sound right?? Thanks again so much this is really bugging me. :)

6. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

You are doing something wrong. I press the menu button on homescreen I get the preferences button. Many people new to android mistake the app drawer for the menu. I am talking about the menu button, not the place where all the apps are. Its the button to the right of the home button. Make sure you are in Launcher Pro and not on TouchWiz.

The homescreen asking you is normal if you havent set one to default. To use Launcher Pro, you must select Launcher Pro when you press home button.

7. Logan47

Logan47 Android Enthusiast

If you have a galaxy S2 you do not need launcher pro to get rid of empty home screens so you could get rid of it if you wished. TWLaunch is the default built in launcher for your samsung phone. When using that you should pinch with two fingers on any screen then it will give you an overview of all screens. Then simply press and hold on an empty one and drag it to the bin at the bottom of the screen. Do this until you only have the ones left that you wish then press home button. If it offers you an option, click TWLaunch. Tick the default box also if you do not wish to be asked anymore.

The above instructions are in the instance that the OP has empty home screens and is under the impression that Launcher Pro can remove them, but is actually not needed and has downloaded and installed that app with this in mind. Hope I'm not getting the wrong end of the stick?

8. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast

EDIT: Nevermind

9. chanchan05

chanchan05 The Doctor

Logan, I think the guy is using Launcher Pro instead of TouchWiz. Launcher Pro is a different Launcher its not an app to remove homescreens. If you remove homescreens on TouchWiz, it wont remove the homescreens on Launcher Pro.

EDIT NVM. I re-read the OP's post. Apparently he is using TouchWiz and he thought Launcher Pro is used to delete homescreens. My bad.

To the OP, follow Logan's advice.

10. UssjTrunks

UssjTrunks Android Enthusiast

EDIT: Nevermind

11. dan330

dan330 Extreme Android User

what a small thing to let bother you...

if you dont go to those empty screens then you wont see them. why waste so much energy on it?

put some photo widgets on them.. or full page calendar widget .. etc...

12. !on

!on Android Expert

yup... in launcher pro settings you can have upto seven screens. it's seven so that the fourth one is the middle screen. This is handy if you want a clean main home screen but want other screens for things like media, technical stuff, travel things, office things etc etc.

Though it is even better if you get the pro version so you don't get the nagging prompts saying "this will work if you get the pro version" :D