1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Homescreens

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by HOTHEAD, Nov 1, 2014.

1. HOTHEAD

HOTHEAD Well-Known Member

Anyone know if there is a way to have a home screen LEFT of home on droid turbo?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Vaetix

Vaetix Well-Known Member

No, and it's driving me nuts. I've always had my "home" screen be the middle one, and I kept key widgets to the left and right. Having the "home" screen be the far left one doesn't make any sense to me.

I've used Nova Launcher in the past and liked it. I may go back to it so I can customize my home screens appropriately. But I might just wait for Android L and see how it is first.

3. vr4

vr4 Well-Known Member

Same here. Wanted to give this a shot but in might go back to nova

4. LizMac

LizMac Android Enthusiast

Using Nova prime.... put the home screen wherever you want! That was driving me nuts as well. :lol:

5. I can't imagine using any Android phone without Nova Launcher Prime. The Backup/Restore alone is a major plus.

Does the famous triad widget work with Nova Launcher Prime on the Droid Turbo?

... Thom

6. LizMac

I'm not familiar with that widget, despite it's fame. What is it?

7. doogald

doogald Extreme Android User

He probably means the command center widget.

I used to feel the same way about nova, but now I feel that way about the Google now launcher. I'm always opening Google now and now it's a swipe to the left from home instead of swiping up from the home button and pay attention to make sure that your finger lands in the Google circle.

8. LizMac

Well, the command center widget is indeed working. I'm using it until I get tired of it -- (next week probably) Hahaha.

Thom likes this.
  9. DanL

DanL Newbie

Just set my Turbo up late last night. I'm only seeing 2 screens to slide from side to side. The other Andriods I've used usually had at least 3 or 4 screens to organize apps.

Am I missing something?

10. HOTHEAD

HOTHEAD Well-Known Member

Drag an icon or widget to the right edge of a particular screen, and Android will create another screen to the right

DanL likes this.
  11. DanL

DanL Newbie

Thanks! How much easier could that be LOL.

12. doogald

One more thing - the widgets are no longer in the app drawer (which I always thought was a dumb place to be to begin with) and now you add widgets by long-pressing an empty spot on a home screen and the option to open the widget picker will then show.

13. dmodert66

dmodert66 Android Expert

I started using Google now launcher on my Maxx and I love it as well. I think it took all of about 1 hour for me to realize it wasn't on the Turbo and I installed. I swipe left for Google Now all the time.

14. Rich123

Rich123 Newbie

Yes! Just make your Home Screen the second screen and put whatever apps you want on the left-most screen!

15. Vaetix

Vaetix Well-Known Member

How does one "make" a particular screen the home screen? The home button seems to always take me to the left-most screen.

16. budfox66

budfox66 Well-Known Member

Any way to change the preset weather/calendar widgets on the home screen (command center?) with other apps? I don't use the native calendar, and I use weatherbug, so it would be cool to change those native widgets out with ones I use. Was not addressed in the guide...is this possible?

17. coulterjosh

coulterjosh Well-Known Member

i am wondering the same thing. How do you set a particular screen the home screen while at the same time having a page to the left and one to the right

18. doogald

In the command center widget itself? No. But you can just tag and drag the widget - when you do, there will be a place you can drop it at the top to remove it from the home screen. Then long-press on an empty area of a home screen to get to the widget picker to add any other widget you like.

The left-most screen is the default home screen, always. You can install a replacement launcher like Nova Prime from the Play Store to set up a phone with multiple home screens and the default in the center.

19. ShanDroyd

ShanDroyd Well-Known Member

I too installed Nova, may as well use it since I paid for Pro version in the past. Can customize app dock and create folders in app drawer.

20. -=Jeff=-

-=Jeff=- Android Expert

Yep, I am using Nova Prime as well, I have 7 icons in the dock on the main screen ( including app drawer) and the command center lasted me 5 hours and I went back to Beautiful Widgets that I have used since the Original Motorola Droid

Motorola Droid Turbo Forum

The Motorola Droid Turbo release date was October 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.2" inch screen, 21MP camera, 3GB RAM, Snapdragon 805 processor, and 3900mAh battery.

October 2014
Release Date
Reviews