• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
No, and it's driving me nuts. I've always had my "home" screen be the middle one, and I kept key widgets to the left and right. Having the "home" screen be the far left one doesn't make any sense to me.

I've used Nova Launcher in the past and liked it. I may go back to it so I can customize my home screens appropriately. But I might just wait for Android L and see how it is first.

Upvote 0
He probably means the command center widget.

I used to feel the same way about nova, but now I feel that way about the Google now launcher. I'm always opening Google now and now it's a swipe to the left from home instead of swiping up from the home button and pay attention to make sure that your finger lands in the Google circle.

Upvote 0
Just set my Turbo up late last night. I'm only seeing 2 screens to slide from side to side. The other Andriods I've used usually had at least 3 or 4 screens to organize apps.

Am I missing something?

Drag an icon or widget to the right edge of a particular screen, and Android will create another screen to the right

Reactions: DanL
Upvote 0
He probably means the command center widget.

I used to feel the same way about nova, but now I feel that way about the Google now launcher. I'm always opening Google now and now it's a swipe to the left from home instead of swiping up from the home button and pay attention to make sure that your finger lands in the Google circle.

I started using Google now launcher on my Maxx and I love it as well. I think it took all of about 1 hour for me to realize it wasn't on the Turbo and I installed. I swipe left for Google Now all the time.

Upvote 0
Any way to change the preset weather/calendar widgets on the home screen (command center?) with other apps? I don't use the native calendar, and I use weatherbug, so it would be cool to change those native widgets out with ones I use. Was not addressed in the guide...is this possible?

In the command center widget itself? No. But you can just tag and drag the widget - when you do, there will be a place you can drop it at the top to remove it from the home screen. Then long-press on an empty area of a home screen to get to the widget picker to add any other widget you like.

i am wondering the same thing. How do you set a particular screen the home screen while at the same time having a page to the left and one to the right

The left-most screen is the default home screen, always. You can install a replacement launcher like Nova Prime from the Play Store to set up a phone with multiple home screens and the default in the center.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones