• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Honda Handsfree and Google Maps Problem

artbytes

Android Enthusiast
Apr 7, 2011
When my S20+ is connected to my Honda SUV's handsfree system with Bluetooth, Google Maps will no longer give directions out loud. The map will show on the screen, but there are no audible directions. If I turn bluetooth off on my phone, so that the handsfree connection with the car is turned off, Google Maps functions normally. This is most annoying. I've taken my phone to the T-Mobile store, and they couldn't find any settings that I was missing. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Did you find a solution? Thanks.

You have two options:
  1. Set your stereo source to Media, but you will lose your music through your stereo. You can stream from your phone, but this isn't my preference.
  2. In Maps settings there is an option to play notifications through bluetooth. Turn this off and your phone will still connect through the stereo but the audible navigation commands will play through the phone speaker.

Reactions: olbriar
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones