1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Honda Handsfree and Google Maps Problem

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by artbytes, Feb 3, 2021.

1. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast

When my S20+ is connected to my Honda SUV's handsfree system with Bluetooth, Google Maps will no longer give directions out loud. The map will show on the screen, but there are no audible directions. If I turn bluetooth off on my phone, so that the handsfree connection with the car is turned off, Google Maps functions normally. This is most annoying. I've taken my phone to the T-Mobile store, and they couldn't find any settings that I was missing. Has anyone else experienced this problem? Did you find a solution? Thanks.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. Unforgiven

Unforgiven ...eschew obfuscation...

You have two options:
    1. Set your stereo source to Media, but you will lose your music through your stereo. You can stream from your phone, but this isn't my preference.
    2. In Maps settings there is an option to play notifications through bluetooth. Turn this off and your phone will still connect through the stereo but the audible navigation commands will play through the phone speaker.

olbriar likes this.
  3. artbytes

artbytes Android Enthusiast

Thanks. The second option sounds like just what I need. I'll try this out tomorrow.

Unforgiven likes this.
  4. dontpanicbobby

dontpanicbobby 100% That Guy
    VIP Member

Never leave your hands off the wheel.

Samsung Galaxy S20 Forum

The Samsung Galaxy S20 release date was March 6th, 2020. Features and Specs include a 6.2" inch screen, 64MP camera, 12GB RAM, Exynos 990 or Snapdragon 865 processor, and 4000mAh battery.

March 6th, 2020
Release Date
Reviews
Specs