1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Honeycomb 3.2 update rolling out.

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by eibook, Jul 12, 2011.

1. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

Just tried it, dinoknots, and it works just like and as well as it used to.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. The Wizard

The Wizard Lurker

It seems that my Bluetooth tethering is not working since 3.2
    Using Droid x2 and wifi xoom
    It was working at least one day before my update

3. BigKayDaddy

BigKayDaddy Member

Has anyone else not received an update? I bought my Xoom the week it came out and do not have an update.

4. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

Are you wifi xoom or 3g? I think the update is only wifi, but I could be wrong.

5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary
    VIP Member

+1, I think you are correct beefyy.

A saw a couple of articles, one of which (Motorola Xoom Android 3.2 Update Begins to Roll Out) speculates:

"the wifi only xooms in NYC got the 3.2 upgrade but not the 3g from verizon xooms they are waiting for the 4g radio to be installed and as far as the people that I am friends with that went thru verizon they are all still waiting for 4g AND the 3.2 upgrade"

Also, Droid-Life indicates (Download: Motorola XOOM WiFi 3.2 Update HTJ85B - Droid Life: A Droid Community Blog) that this is a wi-fi only update and "Oh, and I wouldn’t advise that 3G/4G XOOM owners try this – you could screw something up.", so that makes sense given the above comment about the 4G radio.

Sounds reasonable to me. Sucks for the 3G folks, but I'd rather have a good, stable OTA than a wonky (read "bricky") one.

Cheers!

beefyy likes this.
  6. The Wizard

The Wizard Lurker

UPDATE
    I found that if I reboot the xoom the bluetooth works with no problem. I have to reboot every time I disconnect from the Bluetooth.

My update was pushed to me on Thursday morning. I have a wifi xoom

7. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

Anyone else having trouble syncing bookmarks with chrome after the update?I can't get them to sync.

8. marctronixx

are you rooted? i dont have any issues. i have read some who have this issue have been rooted.

9. beefyy

beefyy Well-Known Member

No, not rooted. I see the option there, but it is not syncing. I had no problems with this before the update.

10. Teknikscian

Teknikscian Lurker

I was having issues tethering my 3.2 Xoom to my Rooted epic 4g. Didn't work with bluetooth, wifi tether 2.05... nothing. I did, however, try the new wifi tether 3.1 beta2, and it works flawlessly.

For those of you having issues tethering your Xoom with the new 3.2 update.

11. Michael.aw

Michael.aw Newbie

I've had this build a week ago Sunday when I bought my xoom?

12. zardoz

zardoz Member

13. jcash3

jcash3 Android Enthusiast

I think that Moto is running the SOAK test first, not sure how long it will be after the Test is done.

14. OliveGracie

OliveGracie Lurker

The upgarde of Andriod 2.3 will bring improvements in features like Music, Movies and Movie Studio apps, it will also provide faster hardware acceleration and better support for SD cards.

15. BigKayDaddy

BigKayDaddy Member

They really took their time getting this update to their early adopters. I am not a happy customer.

16. zetroc

zetroc Android Enthusiast

Better support for SD cards? More like support for SD cards, lol!

Mine rolled in today earlier in the afternoon. The browser seems snappier... but I could also be imagining things... the SD card is finally working! :)

17. jtprescottjr

jtprescottjr Lurker

Just got 3.2 on 3g xoom

18. kennychaffin

kennychaffin Android Enthusiast

Just got the update here - Denver 3G Xoom....I don't have a micro SD card to test with, but will pick one up later today.... the Storage tab does show both Internal and SD card now.

19. sinclac

sinclac Member

Just got mine in Norcal

20. kennychaffin

Well frack. This is not what I expected at all. picked up an 8G u-SD card. I had assumed (apparently incorrectly) that I could copy my files (ebooks, videos, etc.) to the u-SD card on my computer (win7) and then plug it in to the xoom and have them show up, but WTF!! It only recognizes the files that IT puts on the card and it seems to somehow delete those that I add when the card is plugged in to my Win7 machine.

WTF?

Okay I tried copying files into an existing (created by Xoom) directory with the card in my Windows machine and the did not show up when card was put back into xoom, but I re-booted Xoom and they are now there. Is the the stupid Linux mount krap I'm running into.

21. etacarinae

etacarinae Newbie

since getting a system update this morning links in my e-mail no longer work...
    i would hit the link and the screen would turn a shade darker but nothing would happen. Anybody else have similar problems.

22. kennychaffin

Have not tried that yet, but will let you know, because that is one of the main uses of my Xoom. Which email app are you using, the built in one or Gmail app? I use gmail app and K-9 myself.

Update:
    Working fine here with K-9 and Gmail.

23. kennychaffin

Browser is MUCH more responsive...but O/S page transitions are much slower!

24. dnghz0

dnghz0 Lurker

Got mine this morning

25. etacarinae

etacarinae Newbie

I use Gmail still none of the links work....who should I contact?:(