1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Root Honeycomb, anyone?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by bgrutter, Feb 19, 2011.

1. bgrutter

bgrutter Android Enthusiast

Just read that an Alpha Build of the HC port out in the wild. There's apparently still a number of bugs. Anyone testing it out?

Advertisement

2. jbdan

jbdan Extreme Android User

There is a video or 2 on youtube. R2doesInc did one of them (he is creator of OMGB and FGB). It's a gimmick for now for the most part as it has no hardware acceleration aka super laggy and a lot of it doesn't work. Fun to see what is to come though!

3. scotty85

scotty85 Extreme Android User

4. Manjews

Manjews Lurker

If your using clockwork 3 it wont work you need to be using one of the 2.5 versions. I flashed it but couldnt get it to display in landscape. Still pretty cool to see what honeycomb looks like. Still incredibly buggy

5. scotty85

i dint try with 2.5.x.x but i did try with RA_GNM. could you find a md5 anywhere? i tried downloading it again in case it was just a bad download,but i havent attempted to flash it again,yet.

6. Manjews

Manjews Lurker

I just loaded clockwork 2.5.1.2 and installed the file i originally downloaded and it worked.

7. scotty85

did you dowload OMHC-port-inc from the link above? or from somewhere else?

just tried with a fresh download from the above with RA_GNM and same error. as its trying to verify the update package i get an:
    E:wrong digest:
    system/bin/sh
    E:verification failed

installation aborted

going to restore and flash the older clockwork and give it one more go.

oh wow... it worked that time. neato :)