1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

honeycomb?

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by ltbakken, Feb 2, 2011.

1. ltbakken

ltbakken Newbie

is honeycomb strictly a tablet os?
    i know ive seen one guy already port it to the Incredible but will it actually function fully on phones at one point?

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. kidhudi

kidhudi Member

looks like it. in the android sdk there was no simulated phone keyboard to use.

3. bowerman

bowerman Guest

SO far, I have heard that it will be used on phones. Hopefully it will. It looks sweet!

4. DrHack

DrHack Newbie

I read that it will require dual processors to run it. Not sure of the accuracy, but the article (I'm sorry, but i couldn't find it or i'd point you to it) said that no current phone on the market would be able to run it. I hope not, but such is the way of technology. Software upgrades push hardware upgrades, hardware upgrades clear the way for software upgrades.

5. WBMc36

WBMc36 Android Enthusiast

one of google's higher ups crushed that rumor awhile ago, and while it is a tablet OS there are plans to make it possibly merge with gingerbread. i did see a video of a guy on youtube that had it up and running on his incredible, there is no launcher for phones so ADW or LP is a must, also i believe it was just code from 2.1/2.2 that honeycomb has in its guts that he was using, so quick answer, no honeycomb is not available for phones and may not be. We won't know until google says something.

6. DrHack

DrHack Newbie

Thank you for clearing that up. Sorry to have fed the rumor mill so to speak. :)

HTC Droid Incredible Forum

The HTC Droid Incredible release date was April 2010. Features and Specs include a 3.7" inch screen, 8MP camera, Snapdragon S1 processor, and 1300mAh battery.

April 2010
Release Date
Reviews