Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Fozy, Aug 23, 2011.
Anyone running HC on their GTab
I should say I've even updated my bootloader from 1.1 to 1.2 and I STILL put Gtabcomb back on it.
Gtabcomb as well.
Count me in for Gtabcomb as well.
Gtabcomb here as well.
Running FB7.2, was on gtabcomb 3.2 before that.
What's everyone's argument for gTabComb vs Flashback?
Major differences? I haven't heard much about FB, so I just don't know.
I haven't tried gtabcomb since the first releases so I really can't comment. FB has just been so reliable and stable for me so I never thought to try a different rom. I've asked someone before to try to run an app that uses flash to see if it runs on the gtabcomb but I didn't get an answer. Like does the vevo app work on the gtabcomb? I asked this because I remember gtabcomb had issues running flash apps but that was a long time ago.
I think that gtabcomb is faster and more stable overall, but it doesn't have fully functioning flash, whereas flashback is a bit slower, but flash is working on it.
Has anyone heard about any progress with the Honeycomb roms? It seems as if no one has released any new updates, its been over a month for gtabcomb and since the 11th for flashback.
I tried Bottle of Smoke and had stability issues, so I went to GTabComb. I have really liked it, but there have been some peculiarities with it:
- When installing an app in the market it does not seem to install it. I have to click on "my apps" where it will be listed as "not installed". If I click it there, then it will install.
- Some websites seem to not work right - for instance, if I try to launch the gamecast on mlb.com, it does not work. Even though I have flash installed.
- My exchange account was just removed randomly
- Lost some widgets randomly - ie: the standard "date widget" on my home screen just went away.
- Lag - it seems to really lag from time to time. I am not sure why, but it seems that it is downloading data, filling up the data on my widgets, etc. I had a TON of widgets all over the place, and that may be the reason.
I think I am going to go with a gingerbread rom or something more bullet proof now. Does anyone have a recommendation as to the most stable/bullet proof rom? Seems like CM7?
Try the new vegan ginger edition [ROM][BL1.1] [BL1.2]VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition v7.1.0 [UPDATED - 8/27/11] - xda-developersits been the best rom I've tried so far. I've tried a bunch and its the fastest and most stable.
Thanks! I tried it and it is definately snappier and quicker than the HC Rom I have been running. However, I had a couple of issues:
1. Flash was not installed, and when I found it in the market, the market said that "this application is not compatible with this device". I suppose I could sideload it from somewhere? But from the Rom description, I thought it was included.
2. When I tried to add my corporate exchange email account I started getting a lot of force closes.
I think I will try quite a bunch now that I have wiped my device. Sounds like cyanogen mod might be a good one to try too?
Flashback 8.0 Is great, haven't had any problems yet