1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Honor 6X Issue With Cricket

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Patrick Henry, Mar 12, 2021.

1. Patrick Henry

Patrick Henry Lurker

Hello, I'm hoping someone here can assist me. I've had a Honor 6X phone for a few years. I had a few issues with it so I sent it in for repair. In the meantime I used a spare iphone that I had. Well, I finally got my 6x back up and running but now I'm getting an error saying it's no longer compatible with the cricket network. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there's any way around it.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

2. puppykickr

puppykickr Android Expert

Basically anyone with a phone that was released in 2014 {as yourself} has already been in that boat, or has already got out of it- because that ship is sinking.

The good news is that both your iphone and this device will still function with Wi-Fi, and there are calling apps {like Dingtone} and other apps {like Telegram} that will keep these devices useful and good to have around.

The bad news is that you need a new phone- preferably one from this decade.

Sorry to be so blunt, but those of us {like me, and evidently you, as well} that like to squeeze every last bit of usefulness out of our devices are on borrowed time.

Your device is one year older than my oldest device, and no one will activate that one either.

Do what I did- use it to surf/stream music via Wi-Fi, and get a new device to carry around.

tube517, Dannydet and ocnbrze like this.
  3. Patrick Henry

Patrick Henry Lurker

Okay, thank you for the advice.

ocnbrze likes this.

Huawei Honor 6 Forum

The Huawei Honor 6 release date was August 2014. Features and Specs include a 5.0" inch screen, 13MP camera, 3GB RAM, HiSilicon Kirin 920 processor, and 3100mAh battery.

August 2014
Release Date
Reviews