• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Honor 6X Issue With Cricket

Patrick Henry

Dec 18, 2017
Hello, I'm hoping someone here can assist me. I've had a Honor 6X phone for a few years. I had a few issues with it so I sent it in for repair. In the meantime I used a spare iphone that I had. Well, I finally got my 6x back up and running but now I'm getting an error saying it's no longer compatible with the cricket network. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there's any way around it.

Hello, I'm hoping someone here can assist me. I've had a Honor 6X phone for a few years. I had a few issues with it so I sent it in for repair. In the meantime I used a spare iphone that I had. Well, I finally got my 6x back up and running but now I'm getting an error saying it's no longer compatible with the cricket network. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and if there's any way around it.

Basically anyone with a phone that was released in 2014 {as yourself} has already been in that boat, or has already got out of it- because that ship is sinking.

The good news is that both your iphone and this device will still function with Wi-Fi, and there are calling apps {like Dingtone} and other apps {like Telegram} that will keep these devices useful and good to have around.

The bad news is that you need a new phone- preferably one from this decade.

Sorry to be so blunt, but those of us {like me, and evidently you, as well} that like to squeeze every last bit of usefulness out of our devices are on borrowed time.

Your device is one year older than my oldest device, and no one will activate that one either.

Do what I did- use it to surf/stream music via Wi-Fi, and get a new device to carry around.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones