• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Honor phone locked

moxod98385

Lurker
Mar 9, 2023
Hello. I have a little bit of a problem with an Honor phone.

So, a "family friend" just gave me her honor phone (no idea which one it is, looks pretty old), and asked me if I can somehow get into the phone as she is logged in her facebook account there. So basically I just need to somehow get into the phone so she can change her Facebook email or phone number of the account or something.

When I turn on the phone, it asks for the PIN of course. Now my question is, can I somehow access FB app or somehow unlock the phone without paying too much for certain software?

All she really needs is an access to that facebook account that is logged in on that phone so that she can get the account back.

Thanks.

Just do a hard reset on the phone. As long as she knows her google account info that she used on the phone, she should be fine. It will delete data, but as long as she can log back in to Facebook, she should be good to go.
I think she cant login to fb, thats the reason :) If I could somehow unlock this phone she would get access to that account.

Upvote 0
Why can't she do a forget password on Facebook on a computer?
This is the obvious solution (as long as it doesn't ask for 2FA on the phone, but usually there are alternatives).

The PIN is there to protect data on the phone. We can't discuss workarounds because that information is useful to thieves, but in most cases there won't be one anyway.

Bear in mind that the term "unlocking" has at least 2 other meanings, so anything you heard about unlocking may mean something completely different (e.g. unlocking from a service provider or unlocking the bootloader, neither of which is what you are after).

Upvote 0
What's probably happening is this:

Facebook is logged in on this phone, but not the laptop/computer the person is using (maybe they bought a new laptop?) person goes to 'forget password' on the PC. 2FA sends a text code to the phone, but the phone in question is locked behind a PIN that nobody remembers, or a SIM lock from inserting the wrong SIM into it.

This sort of is why I can't login to Facebook anymore (not that I consider it a huge loss) but because the phone number in question that was setup on my FB account no longer exists, and it tries to send a 2FA code to that number. I never set up 2FA on my FB account anyway, and it got forced on me. I just wanted to login to see a group that's otherwise hidden and view posts there, but oh well. No biggie.

If the phone is SIM locked, good luck getting any carrier to give that code to you. I was always treated with hostility by carriers for merely asking them for the PUK code or Subsidy unlock code, like I were trying to hack their system or something. The phone might also be locked because it's no longer supported by the network, aka no VoLTE capability and the SIM got hotlined.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones