1. Check out our app, Forums for Android! Download and leave feedback here!

General Hopefully Simple Questions

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Nhavard, Jun 14, 2010.

1. Nhavard

Nhavard New Member

Jun 14, 2010
    I am a new Eris user and so far I love it except for a few problems. One being when I am talking on the phone and I need to hit a button how do I get my screen to turn back on? Sometimes its like the phone knows it needs to turn back on and other times I fight with it. Also the battery life is killing me but I do use it alot. I think I need to invest in a car charger :eek:

Advertisement

2. There is a little area on your Eris called the proximity sensor located just to the left of the ear-piece speaker as you look at the face of the phone.

It is there to darken the screen, preventing accidental icon clicks, etc, as the sensor detects your face/ear near the phone.

Often that sensor area becomes smudged with sweat or whatever, causing it to erroneously detect that it needs to black out the screen; wiping it off will most often take care of the issue.

3. Shnuddy

Shnuddy Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2009
  4. Yep.. as long as the sensor area is clean.

5. WineJones

WineJones Well-Known Member

Apr 19, 2010
    I think the end key does work to "wake up" the screen ever since the 1.5.xx (I don't remember) intermediate update. I remember accidentally hanging up on several calls before I learned to not press that button. But now, the FIRST press of the End key turns the screen back on, the SECOND press will end the phone call.

I use my phone with Bluetooth in the car, and the screen often times out while I'm on a call. In this case the screen is not dark due to the proximity sensor, but I still need to turn the screen back on. It's a little "scary" to press that End button, but I haven't been hanging up on people (at least that way!) for awhile now.