1. Are you ready for the Galaxy S20? Here is everything we know so far!

Hoping someone gives me an answer other than ''do a hard reset'': TTY mode caused major errors

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by Cherry1, Apr 13, 2012.

1. Cherry1

Cherry1 Lurker

I clicked explore by touch (a mode for people with poor vision, which supposedly describes everything you're clicking) to see what it was about, but didn't even let it configure when I clicked home. Since then I have experienced a debilitating problem. I can't scroll, and I have to click on anything for really long (even keyboard letters) to get them to register. To get back to settings, I have to go through the google search box, since I can't scroll past my homescreen. I was able to get back to langauge and input by opening a keyboard's settings, but couldn't get back into the portion of language and input that deals with TTY. I need to disable that.

I really don't want to do a hard reset, but if I must, is there anyway I could back up everything in it's entirety-- including the organization? I'm sort of an organization fiend with my phone. I really, really, *really* don't want to do a hard reset. I would only resort to this because I'm going to need easy access to a gps at some point. Oh, and I also didn't back up my password manager (out of stupidity), so that's another issue.

EDIT: And if it means anything, my phone is not rooted.

EDIT: Oh PRAISE BE TO GOD! I finally got explore by touch off and as soon as I did, it works perfectly! Remind me to never turn that on again.

1. Download the Forums for Android™ app!

Download

Galaxy Nexus Forum

The Galaxy Nexus release date was November 2011. Features and Specs include a 4.65" inch screen, 5MP camera, 1GB RAM, TI OMAP 4460 processor, and 1750mAh battery.

November 2011
Release Date
Reviews